We had humble beginnings by serving cooked meals to 1,500 government school students in India. Thanks to the extensive support from the government and donors worldwide, we nourish over 2 million children across 67 locations today! We could not have reached this far in implementing the PM POSHAN Abhiyaan (earlier called the Mid-Day Meal Programme) without the generosity of compassionate donors like YOU.
Over the years, we relentlessly worked to improve lives in several marginalized communities. We launched initiatives for homeless mothers, pregnant women and nursing mothers along with their children. We were also present to serve disaster victims when the need arose.
Here’s a glimpse of our journey through 23 memorable years:
- First NGO to be inducted with ICAI Hall of Fame
- Mr Bill Clinton, former President of the USA visited the Jaipur kitchen
- Served 3 billionth cumulative meal in the presence of Shri Narendra Modi, Honourable Prime Minister of India
- Won Gandhi Peace Prize, BBC World Service Global Food Champion Award, Outlook Poshan Jury Award and Mahatma Award for Social Good
- received the Prestigious Mahatma Award for Social Good and Impact “Zero Hunger”
- reached the landmark of feeding 2 million children every day under PM Poshan Abhiyaan
- implemented the Breakfast Feeding Programme, starting with the Government Schools of Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka
- introduced millets in the mid-day meal menu for children, starting with schools in Bengaluru and Hyderabad
- Inaugurated the all-women-run kitchen in Barsana, Akshaya Patra’s 67th unit
- Received the Nexus of Good Award 2023 in the ‘Initiatives for Quality Education’ category
Thank you for having our back through numerous ups & downs!
Let’s keep up the momentum until every underprivileged child in India can access basic needs like food, security & education.