You can bring children back to school
You can boost playground activities with fit and enthusiastic children
You can fill classrooms with healthy and vibrant children
Just by providing them with wholesome school meals
back to SCHOOL
“It’s about getting kids ready for school, it’s about getting them the right start.” – Jerry Smith
‘Back to School’ is an annual campaign of The Akshaya Patra Foundation held between April and June. The campaign aims to create awareness and garner support for the Mid-Day Meal Programme, a strong determinant that ensures continued education for children from challenging backgrounds.
you should support BECAUSE
- More than 1.8 million children are looking forward to continue their education in the 2019-20 academic year and are completely dependent on Akshaya Patra for their regular school meals.
- Over 15,000 government and government-aided schools are dependent on Akshaya Patra for mid-day meals of their students.
- Each school day, children across 51 locations of 12 states and 2 union territory of India are getting nourished and nurtured with mid-day meals and regular schooling.
- More than 1.76 million dreams are waiting to be heard and supported.
- During 2019-20, Akshaya Patra aims to expand its reach to 11 more locations in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Delhi, Gujarat, Puducherry, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh.
- The NGO projects to benefit approximately 4,90,000 children with the planned expansion.
Your support to ‘Back to School’ Campaign can beautifully transform lives of children
who have all the rights to health, education, and a bright future.
bring children back to school NOW
“Education is the difference between wishing you could help other people and being able to help them.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson
You have the power to let children from challenging backgrounds to experience all that you may have once experienced: from memories of first day at school to sharing lunch, from raising hands in reply to joyful cheers on winning a match, from sharing notes to sharing future goals and many more such experiences that made you who you are today!
- Support Back to School campaign instantly - DONATE NOW
Akshaya Patra – you can TRUST
The Akshaya Patra Foundation is one of the pioneer mid-day meal NGOs in India. Established in 2000, Akshaya Patra is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka and has a PAN India reach.
An NGO you can trust
- 18 years of committed service to children in India.
- Served 3 billion meals (cumulative) since its inception in 2000.
- World's largest NGO-run school lunch programme.
- 7-time winner of ICAI Gold Shield Award for 'Excellence in Financial Reporting'.
- 1st NGO in India to be inducted to ICAI Hall of Fame.
- Recipient of Gandhi Peace Prize 2016.
- Featured in the Mega Kitchen series of National Geographic.
How is your money spent?
back to school BENEFITS
“Every child you pass in the hall has a story that needs to be heard. Maybe you are the one meant to hear it.” - Bethany Hill
- Access to nutritious meals.
- Certainty of regular schooling.
- Opportunity to hone talents.
- Confidence to be self-dependent in future.
- Hope for a better life.
- Get the opportunity to give back to the society.
- Become a valuable link in the chain of changemakers who are contributing to the progress of the country.
- Receive tax benefits under Section 80G of the Indian Income Tax Act
invite for SUPPORT
Alone, we can begin a change, together we can sustain a change.
Invite your family and friends to participate in the Back to School campaign. More the support, more the impact.
Note : "This site is best viewed in IE 9 and above, Firefox and Chrome"
Charity Id : AAATT6468P