Wishing you a very happy and prosperous Akshaya Tritiya!
A holy and auspicious Indian festival, Akshaya Tritiya, also known as Akti or Akha Teej, is considered propitious for new beginnings and ringing in prosperity. This day witnesses launch of new ventures, weddings, and investments to build assets. And, since gold symbolises wealth and prosperity, most often people associate Akshaya Tritiya with buying gold to ring in ever-increasing opulence in their lives. However, scriptures describe offering charity on Akshaya Tritiya to be very virtuous and the benefits of the good deeds remain eternally with the doer. So, this Akshaya Tritiya celebrate the rich virtue of benevolence in you!
Celebrate Akshaya Tritiya with Akshaya Patra
According to scriptures, offering charity on Akshaya Tritiya is considered very virtuous and the benefits of the good deeds remain eternally with the doer or the giver. So, along with making personal investments, offer help to improve the lives of children from challenging backgrounds too – after all, children are the future assets of the society!
Similar to a legend where Lord Krishna gifted the Pandavas an inexhaustible vessel of food called the ‘Akshaya Patra’ during their period of exile, The Akshaya Patra Foundation too aims at providing ‘unlimited food for education’ to children so that each and every child gets access to healthy food, the opportunity to attend school, and the platform to grow up to be resourceful citizens.
Akshaya Patra at a glance
- Headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Operates centralised and decentralised kitchens across India
- 18 years of committed service to children in India
- Served 3 billion nutritious meals (cumulative) since its inception in 2000
- World's largest NGO-run school meal programme
- 7-time winner of ICAI Gold Shield Award for 'Excellence in Financial Reporting'
- 1st NGO to be inducted to ICAI Hall of Fame
- Recipient of Gandhi Peace Prize 2016
- 17,62,133 children
- 15,024 schools
- 42 locations
- 12 states
- Operational expansion to 11 more locations in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Delhi, Gujarat, Puducherry, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh
- Looks forward to benefit approximately 4,90,000 children.
This Akshaya Tritiya, begin the journey of prosperity among 1.76 million children with regular school meals & rightful education.