Akshaya Patra Organises a Musical & Fundraiser Event for #DaanUtsav2018 in partnership with Concentrix and DLF Cyber Hub
The Akshaya Patra Foundation celebrates #DaanUtsav, India's "Joy of Giving Week." Daan Utsav, launched in 2009, is observed annually in India during the week of Gandhi Jayanti i.e. from 2nd October to 8th October. It is a philanthropic festival wherein individuals from all the walks-of-life engages in "Acts of Giving."
Akshaya Patra has organised an Outreach and Fundraising Event to be executed in partnership with Concentrix and DLF Cyber Hub during Daan-Utsav. Following are the details of the same:
DATE: Thursday, October 4
VENUE: Amphitheatre Cyber Hub, Gurgaon
Tentative Event Schedule
2 PM onwards - Nukkad Natak performances would be there to generate excitement and visibility for the evening. Mutliple enactments will direct the donors towards the activation area.
6 PM onwards –
- Flash mob at the amphitheatre will be organised to start the event
- Emcee will set the tone of the evening
- Solo singing performance by an Akshaya Patra beneficiary
- Nukkad Natak enactment on stage
- Video message from Akshaya Patra's well wisher - Padma Shri Awardee, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
- Emcee will engage audience through on-site games/quizzes
- Mazhab, an upcoming Indi-band's performance
- During the band performance, the successful closure of fundraising activity will be announced
Donations will be collected by requesting people to complete the large jigsaw puzzle installed next to the Amphitheatre. Each piece of the jigsaw costs Rs. 1,100 and contributes to the meal of a child for an entire school year.
This fundraising event tends to enhance awareness about the cause thereby creating an impression on 5,000 people present at the event venue. Funds are to be raised for 1-lakh school meals.