Wishing you a loving and wonderful Mother’s Day!
Mothers are the epitome of love and care. Their selfless commitment in nurturing us is beyond any comparison. In respect for the woman who has silently dedicated each day of her life for us, Mother’s Day is celebrated each year on the second Sunday of May. This 12th May, uphold your mother’s invaluable virtues of caring and sharing by celebrating Mother’s Day with Akshaya Patra.
Just like a mom, Akshaya Patra nourishes 1.76 million children every day.
The Akshaya Patra Foundation is one of the oldest and most trusted NGOs in India with more than 18 years of service in providing nutrition-rich mid-day meals to school children across India.
- Akshaya Patra is headquartered in Bengaluru with PAN India reach
- Operates centralised kitchens in 42 locations and decentralised kitchens in 2 locations across 12 states
- Served more than 3 billion nutritious meals (cumulative) since its inception in 2000
- Each day, Akshaya Patra provides nutritious food to 17,62,133 children studying in 15,024 Government and Government-aided schools
- In 2019-20, Akshaya Patra looks forward to nourish approximately 4,90,000 children by expanding to 11 more locations covering Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Delhi, Gujarat, Puducherry, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh
- The Foundation was recently conferred with the prestigious Gandhi Peace Prize for its contribution towards the socio-economic development of India by providing mid-day meals to millions of school-going children across the country.
Just like a mother, Akshaya Patra takes care of hygiene, cleanliness, and nutrition at every single step of preparing school meals.
This Mother's Day, support children to be able flagbearers of the country just like the way your beloved mom nurtured you to be a resourceful and benevolent individual.
Note : "This site is best viewed in IE 9 and above, Firefox and Chrome"
Charity Id : AAATT6468P