Young Leaders Collective
“This world demands the qualities of youth: not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease.” — Robert Kennedy.
Young Leaders Collective(YLC) is a six months-long fellowship for exceptional individuals across sectors & aims to provide a platform to harness and augment the fellows’ skills while enabling Social Change. This fellowship will run concurrent to the existing vocations of the fellows. YLC will offer curated opportunities & formats for driven, young leaders to leverage their skills & network, beyond their work place, to engineer positive social change.
- To make social change more inclusive through wider participation from community members.
- To curate a tribe of youth leaders who are empathetic, creative & committed to bring social change.
- To provide an effective platform to youth leaders to engineer social change by leveraging their unique skills.
- Emerging leaders who are open for immersion into a reflective and socially impactful program to find their True North.
- Young professionals who have a desire to contribute and leverage their skills & expertise towards social change.
- Promising leaders who are keen to hone and further enhance their leadership skills.
- Empathy: Experience & engage with the world with a new perspective that allows you to understand & connect better with people around you.
- Creativity: An opportunity to design from scratch and execute a project that channelizes support for impact initiatives serving vulnerable communities.
- Leadership: Leading a micro movement that calls out for enrolling supporter & resources, beyond the realm of designations & work environment, will help you grow as a leader.
- Orchestrated engagement for an six months, concurrent to the existing vocations of fellows
- Local Immersions to connect & help build a perspective on social change
- Master Classes with inspirational leaders from varied backgrounds
- Diverse, cross sectional cohort
- Ingenious Capstone projects to facilitate positive social change
NOTE: Accounting for public health realities, most engagements/orientations for the 2022 cohort will be in virtual/regional formats.
26 Weeks long engagement. Requires commitment of 60 Hours (~mainly weekends and few weekdays) on behalf of fellows to benefit from & add value to the program.
- Phase I: Introduction& Immersion -virtual, and on-site visits, engagement with Akshaya Patra leadership
- Phase II: Learning sessions through Master Classes with industry leaders
- Phase III – Capstone Project – Work on project that will mobilize support for impact initiatives
- Phase IV: Reflection – Review the journey from immersion to action.
Applications for Cohort 22 is now open. Application process closes on May 31st 2022
- Age: 27-35 Years of age by March 31st of the year of application
- Nationality: Indian
All applications are evaluated on leadership skills, creative acumen, entrepreneurial attitude and social impact vision
For any queries, please reach out to [email protected]
MEET YLC FELLOWS 2022
Sumit CharkhaIIM- Indore EY India
Suhel YadavIIFT & IIT- BHU Bharti Airtel
Ajinkya DeshpandeWelingkar Institute of Management Colgate Palmolive India Ltd
Ridesha SahaSymbiosis Institute of Management Studies Reliance Industries Limited
Shikha PathakSymbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Author
Nupur AggarwalSP Jain Institute of Management and Research Accenture Strategy
Lokesh TayalIFP School & IIT- Kanpur Start-Up Consultant
Lakshmi Mrudula BhattiproluDuke University Cloudnine Group of Hospitals
Eva ChikaraFMS & LSE BNPL Fresh Produce
Shaunak HandaIISc Envestnet Yodlee
YLC MENTOR COUNCIL
Sandeep BanerjeeEx Managing Director of Compass Group (India)
WHAT OUR FELLOWS HAVE TO SAY
I am from the first batch of Akshay Patra Young leaders. A journey of one year has been extremely fulfilling and filled with learnings. We have had interesting projects to work for . We also had kitchen visits, interaction with senior leadership at Akshay Patra and so many group meetings to plan for projects . I had an opportunity to speak to influencers and got to manage one influencer’s meeting in Akshay Patra Kitchen in Delhi which indeed was a learning experience. The coaching sessions that we had with CTT was extremely helpful in making us better version of ourselves. The Sessions on Seeking Congruence by Ranjan and Reva were an eye opener. Above all the entire team of 11 leaders got to learn from each other through group and one on one interactions. Thank you, Akshay Patra, for such a wonderful year.
Akshayapatra Young leader collective program’s one year was a different kind of learning experience for me. This was my first experience with a non profit and what could have been better than associating with an organization that’s transforming lives of millions of children and reshaping the future of our community. Working on YLCs influencer engagement project, our effort was to expand the influential advocate base to lend voice to the cause of TAPF. YLC is an opportunity for budding corporate leaders to expand their horizon of experience and make an effort to find “purpose” in both work and life.
Grateful to be part of this wonderful program, first batch 2021. Got to meet a batch of super smart compassionate peers focused to make a difference. The program provided me with opportunities to brainstorm on some very interesting problem statements, collectively come together with ideas, present to the CEO. Got to visit Hyderabad kitchen and appreciate the master minds and effort of building the E2E model which efficiently serves meals to millions.